Any Alternatives to the 44" Panasonic LCD RP (PT-44LCX65)?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Albert Chen, May 26, 2005.

1. Albert Chen

Albert Chen Auditioning

Hi I'm planning on purchasing my VERY FIRST TV within the next 2 weeks at either BB or CC because of their 2yr 0 interest plans. I've looked around the forums and it seemed that DLP is generally more superior to LCD.

Possibly more than 50% of usage will be in video games, both the PS2 & PC. Since my apartment isn't too big, I'm a bit hessitant to get any TV that's greater than 50".

My budget's at around $2000, and the 44" Panasonic seemed like the only tv that fits my requirements the most. I've looked at some of the Samsung DLPs, but most of them are out of my price range other than the 46" DLP (HLR 4667W).

So basically I've narrowed it down to these 2 myself. So if any of you experts out there have an alternative to these 2, can u please give me some suggestions.

If it still comes down to these 2 TVs, is it worth to pay the extra bucks for the Samsung?

2. MarkN

MarkN Stunt Coordinator

3. Albert Chen

Albert Chen Auditioning

But that's a 4663. Is that any different from 4667?

4. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

OK, well it seems that a lot of people don't know about the video lag and lip synch problems on the Samsung DLPs. If you plan to use it for a lot of video games, especially the PS2, I'd advise against a Samsung DLP. There is a video lag when playing games in 480i, which most of the PS2 games are. Even Samsung has admitted to this problem. I've heard that some of the other DLPs exhibit the same problem but I'm not sure. No word yet on whether the latest Samsung HL-R Series DLPs fix it.

I'd suggest adding one of the Sony Grand Wega TVs to your choices. I think that the WE line should be in your price range.

5. John S

John S Producer

The Panasonic is a way strong performer, and the sale pricing can be very good on them.

I really think you would be quite happy with the Panasonic overall.