What's new

Any alternatives for DLS 10? (1 Viewer)

Morlan Liu

Stunt Coordinator
I was bidding on a DLS 10 from PE but they cancelled the auction probably due to the amp problem. I might wait for them to re-release the DLS 10 but if it takes too long I'll just get another sub.

Any recommendations for subs in the same class/price range?

DanMU

Agent
"I was bidding on a DLS 10 from PE but they cancelled the auction probably due to the amp problem. I might wait for them to re-release the DLS 10 but if it takes too long I'll just get another sub.

Any recommendations for subs in the same class/price range?"

Why would they cancel an auction on a subwoofer because of a problem with an amp? I just got the DLS 10 from my order from 12/30 as they've just come back in stock. Are there issues? I haven't hooked mine up yet.

Morlan Liu

Stunt Coordinator
Doesn't matter, they'll send you a replacement amp if your auto on/off doesn't work properly. I didn't care, I would have purchased anyways. But now since they don't have it on eBay or their web site I'm looking for an alternative.

DanMU

Agent
Why was it discontinued? I ordered mine on 12/30/02 and it was delivered around 2 weeks ago. I haven't hooked it up yet. Are there likely to be issues?? Can someone please post a link or two to the relavant threads? Thanks!!

Edit: I got an email from PE that mine shipped on Feb. 13. Would that mean mine is NOT or IS defective?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Dan,

It more than likely is, but it will work just fine if you leave it switched in the ON position all the time. The Auto Sensing circuit is defective on a lot of the amps and that's why they've discontinued it for now.

DanMU

Agent
"It more than likely is , but it will work just fine if you leave it switched in the ON position all the time. The Auto Sensing circuit is defective on a lot of the amps and that's why they've discontinued it for now. "

But that's a waste of energy. Are they able to supply replacement amps that work OK?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Well, very very little energy. But yes, it is a small waste. Email Parts Express and they should send you a replacement amp for free.

DanMU

Agent
I guess I should test it before I complain. What should I look for to verify it has a problem? I'm curious where they get replacement amps that work OK with this if they (or DLS) had to cancel this model. Do you know anthing about that? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks