What's new

Any Aimee Mann fans? New album out today! (1 Viewer)

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Brian. I'm definitely going to pick them up this weekend. Need some new tunes, since Aimee Mann and Coldplay won't be here until September 3-4. :angry:
I love finding new music. I'll let you know how I like them.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hmmm...

well i just checked out her website and i did enjoy her tunes. i may be picking this one up.

this is a perfect example of why i think artists should put their songs on the web for people to check out.

it certainly sold me.

David Rubenstein

Stunt Coordinator
Not to get this thread too far off track, but if you're a Jellyfish fan, you need to pick up the new box set "Fan Club".

4 Cd's of demos, unreleased and live songs!

I haven't gotten thtough all of it yet, but what I've heard is great.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I agree with you guys, I nearly always sample a few tracks before buying a CD, with the exception of DMB's busted stuff.. since I already had the lillyshite disc :)

Pamela

Supporting Actor
The mailman is my friend. Today in my mailbox was the new Aimee Mann, Coldplay and some live Patty Griffin. I'm in audio heaven. :)
The Aimee Mann is great. If you like intelligent, melodic music, run to your nearest store and snap up a copy. This woman can do no wrong. Two big thumbs up for Lost in Space!
I haven't even got around to Coldplay yet. Too immersed in Aimee and Patty. Patty does a killer cover of Tom Waits' Ruby's Arms that will knock your socks off!
Ah...now where's that bottle of wine...

Ed E Lee

Agent
Wow, there's alot here. I seem to be drawn to these types of threads, and drop my opinion on them.
I was a bit disappointed with Bachelor No. 2 as it all of it turned into mid tempo and slow tunes. I'm listening to Lost in Space through the net right now... yeah, it definitely sounds like a continuation of Bachelor No. 2. We'll see...
live Patty Griffin
Live? Looking at her discog, I don't see anything live from her. Yes, her last album "1000 Kisses" was release a few months ago, but it was a studio album. As much as I dig her first two albums, I thought she kinda went backwards on this one. I haven't thought well enough to buy it. Only live stuff I have is a taped interview and play in that she did for KSCA some time ago. Very lovely stuff.
Speaking of women who write and play, I'm listening to a live gig by Eve Cassidy. I read a writeup on her in the paper, and happen to come across this gig online. She sounds alot like Shawn Colvin, which is a good thing. I may have to search out her stuff too...

Ed E Lee

Agent
Well...um...er...I probably shouldn't be discussing this one here .
Hmm.. don't see anything on the group disclaimer about those things. Considering my last statement about Eve Cassidy is of one, and that I taped the KSCA thing that she did shouldn't stop anyone else from discussing them. But to each their own. One of her sites says she's coming back out here in October. Guess I'll catch her then.

It's sad about "Silver Bell" and I know she probably doesn't have the ducats to buy back the tapes. Just another in a long line of stories like that unfortunately.

To be back on topic.. I'll probably not get the new Mann cd right away. There isn't anything on there that she hasn't gone through on her cd's I already own.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Hmm.. don't see anything on the group disclaimer about those things.
Oh, well then...I just got copies of two shows from her current tour and I have Silver Bell!

Looking for Aimee shows in LA. I think she's at Largo in September, but it's sold out.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Kyle, Why don't you bring the disc on down to my place and I'll fire it up in the new Theater "you still are yet to see" I might add! Here I buy all my speakers from you and still can't get you down, What does it take?;)
Wes

Users who are viewing this thread