What's new

Any Advice on Dental Insurance? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i'm self employed and will have to start looking into this soon.
anything to keep in mind?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yeah, Brush and Floss every day! :)

I have dental insurance a DMO through Delta Dental but I'm so lax in going to routine checkups. However, I do try to floss and rince with listerine every day and brush a lot. Haven't had any cavities or major dental problems so far!

Jay

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Dental insurance has to be one of the worst deals out there. Last year when I calculated my premiums plus deductibles I barely broke even.

Unless you have kids requiring braces or major dental issues on the horizon, you might be better off just paying as you go.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
How much did you pay? Uninsured, the dentist I go to costs $90 for a checkup/cleaning and about $50 for an x-ray.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
My dentist charges $50.00 for a checkup/cleaning. My dental insurance premium is about $100.00 a year and that covers my whole family (4). So I definately come out ahead since we each do 2 cleanings a year -- $400 in cleanings only cost me $100 in premium. Not to mention my son recently started the braces saga.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks