What's new

Any advice for learning to play guitar? (1 Viewer)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I am just a clueless ex-drummer.
So things don't change when you quit drumming huh.....
How can you tell when the stage is level? There's drool coming out of both sides of the drummer's mouth.:)
Seriously.... Go to some local music shops, I'm sure they'll have some nice small starter guitars for you to look through.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
just kidding!
;)
But I am a drummer though and always hear the drummer jokes.
I laugh even harder.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Kevin,

I moved into a small apartment and haven't played in about a year. Not by choice though. I am having a difficult time finding a band. I put up an advertisement at a local music store, but I always got 17 year-old kids calling me and wanting to try covers! YUCK! This is particularly hard since the last band I was in cut a CD and the band before that one we opened up for Days of the New.

Do you still play?

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Brad,

Yeah I'm still playing after 21 yrs. I've been in a band in KC called Redd Shift for 2 yrs. Our music is all original hard rock and pretty much kicks ass according to us and most of those that have heard us.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
As a drummer I am OFFENDED!! I want this thread closed and an official apology from Mr. Hamm!!!
I hereby suspend myself for the insulting comments. Upon further review, the suspension is lifted. :D
How do you know there's a drummer at your door? The knocking speeds up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks