What's new

any advance reviews on Elite's AUSSIE HORROR 2 box? (1 Viewer)

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
With very little fanfare, Elite Entertainment is releasing a "best of" Australian horror films box set on Nov. 23rd. While they are calling this #2, the first one was just a repackaging of THIRST, STRANGE BEHAVIOR, and PATRICK. The four titles in the box are

SNAPSHOT
THE DREAMING
THE SURVIVOR
VOYAGE INTO FEAR

While I've heard little of THE DREAMING or VOYAGE INTO FEAR (which imdb.com lists as ENCOUNTERS), the other two look rather interesting. SNAPSHOT is directed by Simon Wincer, who later directed THE PHANTOM, and it was released in America as THE DAY AFTER HALLOWEEN in the late '70's. Meanwhile THE SURVIVOR is a rare directorial outing for actor David Hemmings, and stars Robert Powell of JESUS OF NAZARETH fame.

Elite's website gives little details on these films in terms of presentation. The imdb says these have all gotten previous releases on the budget Platinum label. I know that both Platinum and Elite have licensed titles from the same Australian company {Associated Screen Artists), so I'm afeared that these may be pan-scan ports of the old Platinum discs. Elite does promise a French language track on THE SURVIVOR and a Spanish track on VOYAGE INTO FEAR.

Have review copies been sent out? Anyone who's seen 'em got comments?

ScottCor

Stunt Coordinator
Where is this being released? can't find it...wouldn't mind picking up The Survivor, but not really interested in the whole set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks