What's new

Any A.A. or N.A. members out there? (1 Viewer)

Jefe Noche

Stunt Coordinator
I figure, since I waste precious "step working" time cruis'n this forum, I might as well make a "recovery" connection.

BTW, I've been clean for 7 1/2 years in N.A..

Jim_F

Screenwriter
"If you are like us, you know that one is too many and a thousand is never enough."

Or in the case of many things, including DVDs, one is never enough and a thousand is never too many.

-Jim

CD: 6/25/85

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Jefe - Congratulations ! 7.5 yrs is tremendous.

I used heavy recreational drugs in the past, but was able to quit on my own before severely affecting other areas of my life. I think moving out of my hometown to another state (new job opportunity) helped me to break bad habits.

Keep up the good work !

DaleR

Stunt Coordinator
4+ yrs. but i don't go to meetings anymore. since i quit i've got alot more money for HT:D

Jefe Noche

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for responding guys.
Jim,
It's funny, but you can "see" recovery in each of our forum signatures.
Kirk,
You seem like what we would call a "normy".
Dale,
Just curious (no judgement), How come you don't go to meetings anymore? And, yes, I can relate to spending $ (often more than I should) on less harmful addictions. I used to think of $ in terms of # of bags, now it's # of DVDs :D .

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Never went to any groups but I quit using over 6 years ago. I never got into hard stuff like coke or heroin but I did smoke a lot of pot. However, my biggest problem was with acid and ecstasy. I took a lot, and I mean a lot of acid from the age of 16 to 20. At the age of 19 I got hooked on ecstasy for about a year and a half. Thankfully (and luckily) I was able to stop taking it all. Ecstasy is highly addictive and very damaging. It is sad hearing all of these kids talk about how it doesn't do damage like "other" drugs. :rolleyes:
Jefe,
Congrats on your 7 1/2 years. There are times where I want to do X again, but I don't. Life is too precious to waste on destroying myself. Luckily I have a few beers on the weekends to calm that craving I get for worst things. I suppose it is normal to crave things you used to be highly addicted to. You just need the will power and strength to channel that craving into something positve and constructive, not negative and destructive.
-Dean-

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Hey, Jefe, keep up the good work.

Peace,

JD

(Happily clean and sober since 1989.)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Good for each of you. It takes great strength of character to overcome any addiction. I've seen too many friends, coworkers, and loved ones who cannot overcome their addictions.

I've a very liberal mind when it comes to such things, but it's great to see people doing what's best for them.

And I think DVD is a _good_ addiction. Nobody can get hurt as long as you don't pan-and-scan.

Kendal Kirk

Stunt Coordinator
I have been in and out of AA rooms for 8+ years. Have had three relapses during that time totaling 6 years. My last relaps put me at my bottom. My last drink was Nov. 24, 2001.

During that 8+ years I never worked the program. I never had a sponsor or worked the steps. That is why I have had such a struggle.

I now have a sponsor and am really working the steps. I attend atleast 2 meetings a day and talk to him every day.

God has taken away my desire to drink and drug today. With his help and the program, I will tackle tomorrow if it comes.

It would be great to hear from others.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Jefe,
Keep Comin' Back, it works. I was born in 1950, but my birthday was 7-1-80. Drug of choice was alcohol, but tried most everything else.
The fact that I've accumulated 320 dvds, owned 6 tvs, 6 receivers, 6 dvd players, 3 vcrs, a Tivo, and 2 sets of speakers in the last 4 years indicates that I still practice a serious though relatively harmless addiction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks