What's new

Any 32" only 30" wide? (1 Viewer)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to fit a 32" in an irreplaceable cherry credenza, but I've only got a fraction over 30" wide to work with...any ideas?
Thanks!

Carol Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
I would look for 32 inch models that don't have the speakers on the side. Most of them with the speakers on the bottom run around 30 1/4 inches wide, if the specs. on their websites are right. :)

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
Jack,
My JVC 32260 specs say 30.25 wide. I put a tape on it and got just under 30.. but it was kinda dark and I might have missed something sticking out.
My speakers are on the bottom of this set too.
If you're looking for a HD set, I think it'll be tough to find a 32 with a width to meet your specs.
------------------
--RR

Carol Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
For a 32 inch HDTV ready set check out the Panasonic it's the only one that has the speakers on the bottom so it may fit. Panasonic doesn't have the sizes on their website though so you will either have to call them, go into a store & measure it or maybe someone on this forum has one & can give them to you.

Carol Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
I din't mean on the bottom,they are on the sides but it looks like it's the size of a REGULAR 32 inch.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for all the input!
Rick, thanks for checking that dimension.
Carol, that Panasonic would be nice, but from all the ones I've looked at, if there's anything to the sides of the tube, it'll be well over 30".
Looks like just the cheaper analog sets from Samsung, JVC, Toshiba, etc. will fit.
[Edited last by Jack Gilvey on September 04, 2001 at 06:55 AM]

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
Jack,
From J&R, Panny 32hx41 is 32" wide.
The Hitachi 32UDX01S is 31 1/8" wide.
There may be some 30" sets out there?? I'm not sure.
------------------
--RR

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks