What's new

any 3.3 owners here? (1 Viewer)

Haru

Stunt Coordinator
I have a pair of 2.9s that need to be higher because their tweeter level is too far below the tweeter of the AC-2 sitting on top of the TV. I want to get them closer and was thinking that is might helpt to raise the 2.9s a bit.
I am thinking that fabricating some sort of stands that raise the speakers so that the tweeter level goes up to the 3.3's level is what needs to happen. Of course this will also lift the bass driver off the ground and remove the intended coupling with the floor to an extent, but then I don't have two Subtwoi's for nothing! :)
What I need is to find out how high off the ground the tweeter of the 3.3 is. If any 3.3 owner could grab a measuring tape and let me know the distance from the center of the tweeter's proteective cage to the floor in a sraightline along the front of the cabinet, I would appreciate it GREATLY. that would tell me how high I need to make the stands.
Thanks!!!!

Mark R O

Stunt Coordinator
The center of the 3.3's tweeter is 33 and a half inches from the cabinet bottom. Distance from floor depends on spike adjustments. Before going to the effort of stands, try this...
Lift the front of the 2.9's until they are tilted back about 5 degress. Wedge a book, piece of wood or such under the front to hold them in that position. You will find this tweak improves imaging and stage, opens up the midrange (particularly female vocals) and moves the entire presentation upwards. You'll be amazed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks