Anwhere to buy LD player in Atlanta?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim A. Banville, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Jim A. Banville

Jim A. Banville Supporting Actor

I realize this is very short notice, but I decided to drive up to Atlanta tomorrow. Does anyone know of any place that has LD players for sale -preferably dicounted closeouts or demo/used players. I called a few of the HiFi Buys and they said they haven't had any (even the DVD/LD Pioneer's) for a LONG time. A called Georgia Home Theater and they don't have any (they used to have a lot when they were Laserdisc Enterprises). Laser Video LTD. has a demo DVL909 or 919, but they want like $700 for it. No thanks [​IMG] I'm looking for something in the under $200 price range. There used to be a Kenwood Outlet Store on I85, just north of I285. They used to have a player in a glass case. I'll drop by there, but can anyone recommend any other places? I'm leaving at 9AM tomorrow (19th).
    thanks
    Jim

2. DennisZ

DennisZ Agent

Jim, I haven't seen any around here in probably 1 1/2

yrs. The last was at Georgia Home Theater.

sorry man

Denny

3. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Jim, I saw a Pioneer CLD-M301 ( I think that's the right #) in Charley's Super Pawn on Kingston Pike, here in Knoxville this week. They had it marked $69.99. It's one of those early 90's models with the 5 disc CD changer built in. Here's their phone # :
    865-588-3985
    I don't think it's exactly a deluxe player. I'm not positive, but I think it lacks a digital output. Good luck on your quest!

4. Paul Borel

Paul Borel Auditioning

Jimmy me boy,

Just in case you 'check in' from the United States of Georgia:

What about the Authorized Pioneer Service Centers in Atlanta?

5. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

Jim,
    I have a mint CLD-D606 for sale, if you want to drive a little further (Augusta). It's a little more than $200, though. [​IMG] E-mail if interested.
    Julian
    Whoops! Just read date on original message and Jim left days ago. Duh, me! Well, Jim, wherever you are, good luck. [​IMG]