What's new

Antz (1998)- coming from Universal 10/16/2018 (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
https://www.uphe.com/movies/antz

Standard Edition
Blu-ray + Digital

Special Features
Includes a digital copy of Antz (Subject to expiration. Go to NBCUCodes.com for details.)
Production Featurette
Basics of Computer Animation
Antz Facial Animation
Character Design
Feature Commentary with Directors Tim Johnson and Eric Darnell
Technical Information
Run Time: Theatrical : 1 Hour(s) 23 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG
Language & Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 / Brazilian Portuguese DTS Digital Surround 5.1 / Castilian Spanish DTS Digital Surround 5.1 / Dutch DTS Digital Surround 5.1 / French Canadian DTS Digital Surround 2.0 / French European DTS Digital Surround 5.1 / Japanese DTS Digital Surround 5.1 / Latin Spanish DTS Digital Surround 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH / Brazilian Portuguese / Castilian Spanish / Dutch / French European / Japanese / Latin Spanish
Picture: Widescreen / Color
Release Date: October 16, 2018
Number of Discs: 1

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I find it mind boggling Antz is just coming to BD now. It's not one of my favorite films, but I would have expected to be on the third version by now.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I believe this is the only animated film for which Woody Allen provided his voice.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
It will be interesting to see how the animation holds up. I happened to walk into the room when my kids were watching Shrek in HD the other night. I watched a few minutes and was surprised at how badly the animation had aged. I know it was state-of-the-art when it was made, but it was distracting. I know the earliest hand-drawn animation was crude, too, so I'm not knocking CG.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I believe this is the only animated film for which Woody Allen provided his voice.
And he also sang for the part.

It will be interesting to see how the animation holds up. I happened to walk into the room when my kids were watching Shrek in HD the other night. I watched a few minutes and was surprised at how badly the animation had aged. I know it was state-of-the-art when it was made, but it was distracting. I know the earliest hand-drawn animation was crude, too, so I'm not knocking CG.
I think it came out the same time as A Bug’s Life and Antz wasn’t quit at the same level, animation-wise. I’m going to make allowances for that the same way I do for dated FX.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
We watched the DVD quite often when my daughter was young. Kind of surprising that this title is 20 years old.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The blu has dropped to $7 on Amazon. There are 4 reviews and 3 are poor complaining of the video quality. I ordered it anyway. I love this move.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The blu has dropped to $7 on Amazon. There are 4 reviews and 3 are poor complaining of the video quality. I ordered it anyway. I love this move.

I ordered a cheap copy too.

Given how bad the same year's "Prince of Egypt" looked, I'll not feel surprised if "Antz" comes with subpar visuals as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks