Ants . . .

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by SethH, Apr 20, 2004.

1. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

So it's finally starting to get warm here in Blacksburg, VA. With the sunshine, however, comes ants. I'm a college student so naturally the apartment isn't usually the cleanest place around. But since the ants have returned we have been much better about making sure we don't leave dirty dishes around and trying to keep the countertops clean. I've even started using the Clorox wipes things with bleach to clean the counters and such. We have the ant baits/traps set and we've used some various sprays, but none seem to work too well. So do you guys have any suggestions on how to get rid of them? Any particular products that have worked for you?

Also, I think some may be coming from the sink. What is the best way to deal with this?

Any help will certainly be appreciated.

2. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

Try a product called Terro, its a liquid poison that you are supposed to leave out in various places along the "route" in the house that generally has the ants, You leave out a drop on a peice of the supplied cardboard, the ants come, take it and it is slow acting enough to allow the "worker" ants to deliver a supply of it to the nest or whatever, then the rest of the ants ingest it, and viola. claims to work in 2 weeks or less. Ill give you an update if the problem decreases, its been 2 days so far and i havnt seen much of a change.

3. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I've always used those raid ant bait things, they've worked well for me in the past and the dog leaves them alone.

4. Bob Graz

Bob Graz Supporting Actor

With the warm weather I had sugar ants coming in from 2 places. I used Terro, and in 2-3 days they were gone. Terro is the best for those pesty sweet/sugar ants.

5. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

When I was in an apartment I used the odorless raid spray for ants and did the door frames inside and out and as much around the outside of my apartment as I could reach. I would also spray on the inside floors on any of the walls that had access to the outside.

The apartment should have a service that will come out for free to spray for you. I had them do this also.