What's new

Antonioni's THE PASSENGER (1975) (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
This weekend (10/28/05) will see the theatrical re-release of Michelangelo Antonioni's The Passenger, which stars Jack Nicholson. I managed to miss this in theaters 30 years ago, and I'm not going to repeat the mistake. The film has been unavailable for years (although there are probably bootlegs), but Nicholson, who apparently controls the rights, has agreed to let Sony Pictures Classics release it in theaters. Presumably a DVD will follow, but this is one of those odd situations where I wouldn't count on anything.

I tried to find a list of cities where the film will play but was unsuccessful. I know it will be at several theaters in New York.

Official site is here.

M.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I know it will play in Atlanta but it will very likely only be here for 1 week. Hopefully I'll be able to catch it.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
According to today's NYTimes, there will indeed be a DVD release, possibly before the end of this year.

M.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Here is a link to the Times article.
I would certainly encourage people to see in the theater even if a DVD is around the corner -- it is a movie best enjoyed in the all enveloping environment of a movie theater.

I have seen it several times over the years and each time has been a memorable experience.

Ted

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I went to see The Squid and the Whale the other day and saw the trailer for it.

I'll try to watch it this weekend.

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks