What's new

Antone received South Park commentary cd's yet? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
After I was told Friday taht they'd be sent out Monday or Tuesday, they arrived today! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I am ECSTATIC. I suggest that you call the customer service hotline to check on the status as everyone that calls seems to get them soon after.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
For some reason, the company shipped me a second set of commentaries. If anyone is interested, let me know by e-mail. I'm willing to entertain offers. :)

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
quote:
asking whether I need to send all 4 proof of purchase thingies or just one

What was the answer to that by the way?

Two different operators told me I only need to send ONE.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Just adding another interesting wrinkle:
I sent mine in near the beginning of the month. Got the envelope returned to me the other day stamped "BOX CLOSED". Looks like they decided to close off the PO Box entirely, and have mail returned.

Seems odd, if they have the rights to the material, why couldn't they just press another batch of CDs?

-Vince

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Well, I just called Comedy Central customer service.
If anyone knows of a number other than the number listed at the Comedy Central Store on the website, please let me know.
I called that and got nowhere. The girl asked for an order number which of course I didn't have since I mailed in my certificate and check. If I'd ordered on the website I'd have had the cd's already right?
Anyway, she did a search for my last name and didn't find anything.
She asked when I sent it in and I couldn't even remember, but knew it wasn't long after I got my set. When did it come out? She asked if my check cleared and I said I'd have to look back through my records. Via online banking I discovered a check for $3.50 cleared December 20.
Figures, I'm on a new checkbook since then I think, so I'll have to do some hunting.
If that's it, it isn't all that long ago, but why aren't I in the system then? She said if it cashed that means it went through. I guess if it's 4 to six weeks AFTER they cash your check I could still be in the green and I'm just no in the system because I've never purchased from the Comedy Central store?

"I don't know what's goin' on" --Towelie

Joseph G Blea

Auditioning
Got my set of CDs today also. They came in a really nice CD package. I called them last week to check my order(not sure if it helped the status of my shipment or not). Anyway, the number I called was the one on the mail-in certificate that I downloaded....... 800-441-5449. I'm not sure if it is the same one as the website number. I called that number 3 times to check my status mainly because I made the check out to "Comedy Central" instead of "International Data". I wanted to make sure that they could still cash my check. Someone answered the phone and tried to assist me all 3 times I called.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Mabye on latter pressings, they'll include the commentary on the dvd?

Maybe just wishfull thinking.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Jesus, what the hell is this madness! I want my god damn CDs. My f*cking check was cashed over a month ago. You'd think that this kind of BS would only happen with some half-assed mom and pop operation.

I hate to say it, but as much as I love South Park, there's no way in hell I'll be buying any more seasons.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Well Matt, I would think you could just head over to Comedy Central headquarters and grab some yourself, you must be over there all the time! Though I don't know why you'd want to listen to your own voice ;)

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Got mine yesterday.

Unfortunately, the DVDs are all packed away since we're beginning our move out of this awful apartment and into our own house.

Closing can't come soon enough.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Well Matt, I would think you could just head over to Comedy Central headquarters and grab some yourself, you must be over there all the time! Though I don't know why you'd want to listen to your own voice
Are you saying that I need to put "No I did not co-create South Park" back in my location tag on my profie?
:D

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Well, the 1-800-441-5449 is definitely not the one I found on the website.

That was an 866 number.

Thanks for the info. I'll try the 800 number.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Actually got a person when I tried today.
My check was cashed December 22 like I thought (found the check stub at home.)
CS person told me the discs would arrive next week.

Just glad she didn't say they ran out and I was SOL.

I have to agree with a lot of the gripes about the set overall. I haven't even popped one in since I read there was no improvement over the original discs way back when.
Too bad Parker and Stone couldn't have offered us a new remastered version of Season 1 in addition to our commentaries.
"South Park Season 1 Redux" anyone. Maybe we could get an upgrade coupon that would be equal to the lowest available price. Still can't believe the set was available for $10 after I paid $20 after a $10 coupon. If I'd paid $10 and had all these problems I don't think I'd complain much now though.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Check cashed weeks ago, I decided to test the "make a call and accelerate the delivery process" - I rang the 800 # and was told to expect the discs next week. I honestly think they're holding these suckers and not doing much with them unless you pester them...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks