1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Antivirus question

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Mike LS, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good small business antivirus program? I'd like to migrate from an individual system program to a network administrated version.

Our company has about 15 systems networked and it would be much easier on me to be able to administer and monitor the antivirus centrally than having to check each individual machine from time to time to make sure it's updated and operating correctly.

I want to stay away from any Symantec or McAfee program.

2. Mike Fassler

Mike Fassler Supporting Actor

I would suggest F-secure,Trendmicro, or AVG.

3. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

We use F-Secure at work and it's not half bad. You install a server component that keeps track of installations etc and allows you to push out new versions of the software and automatically keeps the clients updated with the latest antivirus updates.

It can do a lot more than Antivirus too; it can also install, configure and monitor other F-Secure products like firewall or vpn stuff. Haven't used that much though.