What's new

anti glare screen (1 Viewer)

Howard Ferg

Auditioning
I have a mitsu ws73909 in a semi dedicated theater, when some lites are on i can see them refected in the anti glar screen. anyone have opinions on the results of removing the screen? am i going to lose sharpness or lite level output?

Mike I

Supporting Actor
I have a mits set..I guarantee you will have a better picture without the protective screen..

Manuel

Stunt Coordinator
Howard, once you take the screen off you will see that the picture quality is better and it gets rid of the reflections. I was also hesitant but would not put it back on now.

MikeLH

Auditioning
When you remove the anti-glare screen on the Mits, does the set itself look okay, or does it look like a piece is "missing"? I have an older Mits without the anti-glare screen and would never consider watching a new HDTV with one attached but I have never seen a new HDTV in any store without one on the set. When you ask about removing it, the salesmen ask why would you ever want to do that!! I am just curious how the set physically looks - does it look as if something is "missing" or damaged. Thanks for any help. Mike

Howard Ferg

Auditioning
Hey guys thanks for the replies. I took it off, picture is great, especially on hdtv. don't see the reflections either.no cosmetic difference either. :emoji_thumbsup:

TimTurtino

Stunt Coordinator
The salesperson says that because most people will not be properly careful (or can't be careful, having kids and/or pets) of the screen once they get they get the protective screen off. Then, when it gets scratched or torn, they'll blame that salesperson.
Personally, I'm going to rig a way to put the protective screen on and off at will, and I'm going to be very nervous when it's off. I'm not the most graceful of people. ;)
Me

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Howard, what you had was not an "anti-glare" screen, but a protective screen that added glare. An anti-glare screen features a textured surface that breaks up reflections.
I chose the alternative of removing the highly polished screen from my Tosh and replacing it with an anti-glare screen (a piece of acrylic from a local plastics store). The reflections are much reduced, the protective screen is now twice as thick, eliminating bowing, and my lenticular screen is protected. Cost was $34.50 for the acrylic.
By the way, the acrylic is manufactured by Mitsubishi, so now I have a "mutt" RPTV, "Toshibishi" I guess. :)
Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks