Anthony Gallo speakers anyone?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MoG, Feb 21, 2002.

1. MoG

MoG Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

Does anyone here have any experience with Anthony Gallo speakers? Either the Micros or new Dues?

I want great sounding, small, stylish speakers for the HT in my small condo in San Francisco, and these seem to fit the bill. Found a couple of places here that carry them and will go check them out next week. Wanted to seek the expertise of this board too...

Thanks,

Mo

2. Andre Aguiar

Andre Aguiar Agent

I'm also interested in these as well. My apartment doesn't have the space in the corners for floor tower speakers. I have tested the Gallo's and they do sound nice (the sub is a must). The wife gave to go ahead to get the Onkyo TX-DS797 receiver to thats what will be driving the Gallos (should I go that route).

Has anyone used the Gallos as a front center speaker? What would you recommend as a center replacement to the Gallos?

3. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

Have you checked out Morelhifhi.com?

4. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

oh yeah, minipod.com too!

5. Paul_Dunlop

Paul_Dunlop Second Unit

Hi

I was at a High End Audio shop - they sell Martin Logans, Wilson Audio and Monitor Audio - all way above my budget, but the salesman was nice - these guys use Gallo's for surround duty in all their demo rooms. Now the salesman's suggestion was 5 identical speakers for c/l/r/s, but due to the costs of these speakers (Monitor Audio), it's not always feasible.

Listening to a movie with Monitor Audio Bronze across the front and Gallo Due's for surround was unbelievable - those little speakers put out way more than you would expect. I have Energy bookshelfs for my surrounds and wouldn't give them up now, but the Gallo's would be great for a lot of smaller rooms.

Now as for using them across the front - not sure at all

Hope this helps

6. Andrew CM

Andrew CM Extra

Hi Mo

I have a 5.1 Gallo setup with 5 Nucleus Micros and MPS 150 powered sub running off a Sony 555ES receiver - aboit 100w/channel x5. Speakers all set to SMALL with frequency rolloffs at 100 Hz - Gallo recommends sub set at 120Hz for a smooth transition with the micros.

Room is approx 14x28 ft with 8 ft ceiling - wooden floor living room.

Sound - amazing for a "small" package! Literally feel the low freq vibrations thru the floor - wood helps.

Cannot localise the sub.

Have measured 85-90 SPL using the ratshack meter playing Wing Commander before the sub started to bottom out - but unfair to expect near reference levels from a 10 inch driver. Still very impressive pckg as a whole.

Must say the Micros r the real stars of this system and u can still buy a bigger sub or even add a 2nd MPS 150 for bigger oomph.

If space and aesthetics r an issue, this system would still be on my short list.

Note, you definitely a sub with micros and recommend stands for them - I got my local metalworks factory to make up stainless steel wallflower stands for a fraction of the price of the ones available from Gallo.

Hope this helps

Andrew