Anthony Gallo Micros

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JonW, Feb 9, 2003.

1. JonW

JonW Auditioning

I am looking to build a home theater type system in my bedroom (16'x18' and a high ceiling) and I could use some help with the speakers. My wife thinks that speakers should be heard and not seen and wants the smallest, least noticeable speakers possible. I want reasonable sound for video and music and don't want to use in-wall speakers. A salesperson at a local audio store was suggesting the Anthony Gallo Nucelus Micro system using both the passive and powered subwoofer. The size met my wife's requirements and the sound seemed reasonable. I had been thinking about the Boston Acoustics 9500 System but they have a gap under 120 Hz. Anyone have experience with the Gallo Micros or any other suggestions?

2. Phuong

Phuong Stunt Coordinator

How about NHT SuperZeroes? I used to own these and they sounded great with a Velodyne sub. Not as small as the Gallo's but still compact. If you get the XU model, it comes with its own wall-bracket.

3. Andy Nanton

Andy Nanton Auditioning

Ive got a setup with SuperOneXUs and a VS 1.2 up front, and the SuperZeroXUs in the back. The only difference between the SuperOneXUs and the SuperZeroXUs is the size and one octave of bass. If you are using a nice sub this should not be any problem at all. As mentioned, the SuperZeroXUs (the ones I'm using) come with a free bracket, which was the deal-breaker for me. Check out some reviews, and remember the XUs just look different to the originals, but sound identical. They lack only the gloss finish but you get the bracket. I think onecall.com is running a special on these, too.

Sure, they aren't as fancy as the micros, but they sound really nice and the price is tough to beat.