What's new

Anthony Bourdain RIP (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, I just saw that, very sad and unexpected. He must have been in a lot of pain. May he R.I.P.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I did not learn about this until logging into Facebook this morning. I am beyond shocked, as I have been a fan of his shows for some time.

I remember finding him off-putting at first, but he definitely grew on me, and now, his show had become the #1 travel show for me.

Rest In Peace, Anthony! You will be missed!

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Even in death, Mr. Bourdain will continue on within his exploration of parts unknown.
Rest in Peace, Anthony, with this...a last and final toast.

Last edited:

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
We would sometimes watch his CNN show and I'd think... man, what a great gig. But little do we sometimes know the rest.

I'm not endorsing suicide as the answer, but for us aging boomers facing both chronic unmanageable physical or psychic pain or both, perhaps we need a compassionate choice without stigma. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Really sad news. RIP Mr Bourdain may you find the peace and happiness in heaven you so search for.
Rest assured you will be missed.

Regards

Reactions: PMF

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Man. What the hell?

That really, really sucks. Was a fan. Enjoyed his various shows over the years, but absolutely loved his first autobiography. Dammit.

Hey, maybe two major celebrities killing themselves in one week will FINALLY force us to re-evaluate how we talk about suicide and depression!

(Ron Howard: "It won't.")

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
A big loss. He ventured out to "exotic" places around the world and put a human face on them. A big part of why both shows worked as well as they did was because he was very good at building a rapport with strangers, often from vastly different cultures, and he was more interested in listening than talking.

It speaks to his legacy that presidents and astronauts and chefs and journalists have all weighed in to mourn his loss.

Yeah, I just saw that, very sad and unexpected. He must have been in a lot of pain. May he R.I.P.
I was surprised but not shocked by this news. He always seemed to me like a Teddy Roosevelt type: a natural depressive who had to keep active and keep moving to stay ahead of his demons.

It speaks to the insidiousness of depression that someone with a great career, that allowed him to seek out the experiences that energized him, with a girlfriend he adored, and an eleven-year-old daughter, would take his own life.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
So sad. It's a shame that both he and Kate Spade (who until a few days ago I didn't know was David Spade's sister-in-law) left behind young daughters who will be forever scarred by their parents' suicides.
That's the worst part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks