What's new

Anthem MCA-5: How good is it? (1 Viewer)

Han

Second Unit
I was talking to a friend of mine about your hiss problem and he was aware of someone who had the same problem. He said that the guy had used the menu to change the gain on the amplifier. it was turned all the way up.
This might be your amp's problem.
Rutledge, could you find out more about this or direct me to the guy? The manual says nothing about a "menu", as there are no physical gain controls on the amp.
As a side note, I've had a chance to do some more testing over the weekend. I brought a couple of the speakers to my computer room where my receiver is. No hissing sound. I then plugged my supposedly quiet receiver in where my home theater is, and plugged the speakers to it. Yup, there's hissing. Even though there's hissing, I'm starting to feel a little better, as it might not be the amp after all. I still have to try sometime to lug the amp itself up two floors and plug it in with the same speakers to see if there's hissing. I'm starting to think it's either my cable TV (which is unlikely because I've unplugged it before), or more likely my crappy electricity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks