1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Anthem AVM20

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Wilkins, May 3, 2002.

1. Bill Wilkins

Bill Wilkins Agent

Just thought I would post my experience with my new Anthem AVM20.

The unit is incredibly clean in my tuneable system. There is virtually no coloration in the sound. Function-wise I am really enjoying the versatility of this superb unit.

In the past 6 months I have used the Parasound AVC-2500U, Marantz AV600, and Marantz AV560 and they all pale in comparison to the performance I have experienced with the Anthem.

I have not experienced the power problem that others have experienced as my Anthem has been running 24/7 for seven days now. Manufacture date of 4-19-02. If I do experience the problem it will not dissuade my ultimate approval of the sound and versatility of the Anthem, IT ROCKS.

2. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

Bill,

I am glad to hear you like the Anthem AVM-20. Hopefully someone will figure out why the fuses are blowing before any real damage is done (besides the PR backlash).

You have a tuneable system and are using the AVM-20 in it? I would have figured that Michael Green or Jim Bookhard would have convinced you that the AV-600 was a better "tuneable" product. Given their belief in lightweight products, I am surprised (but not disappointed!) that the AVM-20 can be tuned. Either that or it doesn't need much tuning to begin with.

Are you clamping the AVM-20 or are you just using MTDs or Harmonic Feet solo? It looks like from your web site photos that you are clamping some components (using MGD racks, it seems), but I can't tell which ones. I don't have the room, dedication, or the approval (WAF) to clamp components, but the Harmonic Feet and MTDs do make for a nice improvement.

Michael

3. Joe e h

Joe e h Stunt Coordinator

Bill

I am in Michigan and the Anthem is on my list, Where did you get it at?

Joe

4. Bill Wilkins

Bill Wilkins Agent

Joe,

I purchased the Anthem at Stereo Center Inc. for $2650 including tax. 810-732-2220 ask for John Kurff. No considering, just buy it.

Michael,

I think you are right that the AVM20 doesn't need much tuning to begin with. It's that good. I do have it clamped in my system using MTD's(three) on the bottom and one on the top. Performance-wise I feel that it kicks the crap out of the Marantz AV600(which I still own for a back-up). This is the first preamp I have owned that I don't have any issues with.