1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

anthem avm20 vice avm2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by bobDAN, Apr 26, 2002.

1. bobDAN

bobDAN Auditioning

I'm looking for pre pro primarily for HT. How much improvement is there from model 2 to the avm20? Thanks for your thoughts.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Vice?

3. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Bob, I have no reference with the AVM-2, only the AVM-20. From what I have heard, the AVM-2 has far greater reliability issues and bug type problems than the AVM-20 has experienced. You can also download patches and upgrades for the 20 via the internet...not sure if that capability exists on the 2. Also, in terms of sound quality, I have heard the 20 sounds significantly better and much quieter than the 2 for CD playback. For DVD perfomance, I heard the gap is much smaller, but there is a significant improvement for the 20 over the 2 in terms of 2 channel performance. Supposedly the 20 is a complete redesign over the two...all the internal components in the 20 were significantly updated and bettered for the 20 than the 2...from transformers, power supplies, DACS, everything.