What's new

Anthem avm20 v2 vs. B&k ref50 vs. Aragon StageOne (1 Viewer)

Eliacim

Auditioning
I'm new to separates Av products, need recommendations. This is a two part question.

1) Which of the following pre/pro and amp combo is the best bang for the money and for future up dates? Anthem AVM20 V2, New B&K Ref50 with 200.7 Amp, and Aragon Stage One with 2007 Amp. Were I live the nearest av store was 20 miles away and the only pre/pro they carry was a B&K Ref30, I haven't heard the Anthem nor the Aragon, but according to this forum, they are very good products.

2) If I go with Anthem AVM20 V2, which 7 channels Amp. would be suitable for the Anthem? New B&K 200.7 Amp., Aragon 2007 Amp., New Sherbourn 7/2100 Amp., or any other 7 channels Amp.

My speakers are all Klipsch Ref 7 series, fronts, center, and two set of rears (back & surrounds), all were run by Denon 3801, however, the sound quality was not there. I use my av set-up 50/50 (HT/ music). I sold the Denon in order to upgrade. Please advise, need help, thanks to all.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
If "bang for the buck" is your biggest criteria the Reference 50 has got to be at the top of the list. The street prices on this piece are just too tempting to pass up.

Are there any features you can't live without?

Chip E

Screenwriter
I agree with Camp. Bang for the buck, the Ref50 takes the cake. Their streeting for $2200.00 & change all over the place.. I'd bet anything it'll hang with either of the other two you mentioned. Featurewise and sonically. :emoji_thumbsup:

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Tony: If you don't find someone at that number, I may have someone who can help you who is an authorized dealer.

Charles

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
one of the hometheater magazines just had the sunfire, vs anthem, vs aragon in a test...

one thing i didnt like about the aragon was that i didnt like about it was taht it only had the thx standarad 5.1 audio...me no like....

Rich

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
Where are you guys finding info on the B&K Ref 50, i can't even find that, nevermind pricing. In fact, on shopping.yahoo.com the prices on the ref 30 are still around 2k.

Rich

Michael Langdon

Stunt Coordinator
Rich,

What do you mean by saying the Aragon only had the THX standard 5.1 audio? I do not understand what you mean.

The Aragon unit is THX Ultra2 certified. The THX can be applied to the Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital EX, DPL II, DTSD 5.1, DTS-ES (Matrix and Discrete and DTS Neo:6. I am not sure what you mean, but the THX can be set to OFF in the menu and not applied to any format. Like the Anthem AVM 20, the Re-Eq of THX can be independently controlled also.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks