What's new

Anthem AVM20, PVA7 & APC 1500VA UPS (1 Viewer)

Satyam

Grip
Hi,

I have a AVM20 and the a PVA7, to power them im using a 1500VA transformer to power the PVA7 and a 500VA transformer to power the AVM20 coz Im in India and here the electricity runs at 220/240V 60Hz, I waz wondering if it was a good idea to install the APC 1500VA Smart UPS and then plug the transformer in it.

I ask this b'coz I got a note in the manual of the AVM20 that I shouldnt install a power conditioner but im worried bcoz the power in India is not that clean and there are lot of brown-outs, I just want to feed it clean power.

Thank you,
satyam.

PS:The APC is a sine wave UPS so I guess it will be good for audio.
PPS:Im lost help:)

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Satyam,

If I recall, there was an issue with blowing fuses on the 20 due to power conditioners, but the situation was corrected with a different type of fuse installed in the Anthem to rectify the problem.

Therefore, I would say it would be OK to connect the APC, BUT, and again, I emphasize, BUT, before you connect it due to being in your geographical location, I would mail Anthem's tech support at:

[email protected]

They respond in a very timely manner and if you mail them today, (Sat. 9/13) I am sure Nick will get back to you on Monday with an answer.

Regards,
Charles

Satyam

Grip
hi Charles,

thx for ur reply I fired a mail to nick and am awating a reply from him, anyways im sure there must be quite a few anthem owners who use a line conditioner I want to know what their experience with it have been like.

thank you,
satyam

Hi,

I have mine plugged into a Richard Gray 400s and have noticed immediate improvements. No problems here so far.

My only concern with the UPS is that hopefully it won't limit instantaneous current, as the Anthem has a fairly big transformer.

Regards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks