What's new

Anthem AVM-20 Review (1 Viewer)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Marc, I do know for a fact you can use a separate source for each zone.

Pat, I went to Canada to get my AVM-20. I took advantage of the favorable exchange rate when my local dealer just could not go low enough, due to no fault of his own.

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
I got this from the avm-20 manual online:

ZONE2 and ZONE3: Routes any audio/video source to other listening/viewing rooms in your home.

The chosen Source can be either the same or different from the Source selected in other paths.

ZONE2 and ZONE3 each have outputs for a TV monitor and 2-channel audio. To listen to a Source

that does not have Analog Audio-In connection, you must ‘copy’ it from MAIN (see section 5.2.1).

Holy shit this thing just got really sexy!

in the imortal words of George 'I wish I had a million dollars....HOTDOG!'

This sucker is as good as bought!

Marc

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
By the way, since I wrote this review, I have used and tested the video switching from my DVD through the Anthem into my TV. Using the S-Video connection (my DVD player does not have component outputs), I see absolutely no degradation of the signal when routing it through the AVM-20. In fact, I prefer it this way now because in a darkened room, I get the benefit of the on-screen display this way, which I wasn't getting before hooking it up this way for DVD playback.

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Well, this is interesting! I went to www.sonicfrontiers.com to check to see if there was any information about a possible future upgrade or a recent software update for the AVM-20 (beyond version 1.12). I was rerouted to www.anthemAV.com. It would appear that Paradigm has shifted their main interest from Sonic Frontiers to Anthem.
Michael

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Pat, the Audio Store is where I went to demo the unit. I went with a fellow HTF member and we both discussed an interest in the unit. For some reason, only a follow up call from the Audio Store to my friend was given. I was never called as a follow up from the store regarding my interest in the Anthem. Also, the price that was given to my friend was SIGNIFICANTLY higher than what I obtained it for. If The Audio Store was able to get within about 10% of the price I was able to get the unit for, I would have gone in that direction seeing as they are a local dealer and I would have liked the support should I have ever needed it. However, the gap in price between what I was able to get it for and what they were quoting my friend was about 25%, which was too great a gap when you are talking about a unit that retails for more than $3000.

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Evan,
Cool, thanks for the update. T.A.S. has some nice stuff, but I guess I've looked too scruffy every time I've been in there ... I can't seem to get their attention. :)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Pat, I'm 30 years old, but I look 23. Whenever I go into T.A.S. they are always cordial, but seem to make me feel like I'm wasting their time. If they only knew. They never make any follow up calls pertaining to my interest and basically just show me the merchandise hoping for word of mouth referrals I guess. To each his own. If they only knew. By the way, I'm right down the street if you ever want to see/hear the Anthem. I'm a quarter mile from the West Middle Turnpike/Main St. intersection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks