What's new

Anthem AVM 20 owners with 20hz capable subwoofers... (1 Viewer)

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Guy:
CD players have a brickwall filter at the top end, which is set to half of the sampling freq., 44.1 kHz, so it would be at 22.05 kHz. However, there is no brickwall filter at the bottom end. I think it's spec'd to go all the way down to DC (below 1 Hz).

16 Hz certainly should not be a problem.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Thanks Richard, it has been awhile since I messed with test tones, so many other factors, I don't care anymore. I know what I like and I trust my ears, not to say that my hearing is such that I could pick up a 2db hot spot, I have my "demos" that I like to listen to when I think there is a problem.
Over the years I chased a test tone or two, lots of EQs, DBX pieces etc. I guess I am at a place where I buy what I know and if I like the sound, and my wife likes the sound (she is the best piece of test equipment I have). If it doesn't sound right she will let you know it, certain distortion really affects her (not necessarily highs).

Doug_B

Screenwriter
What test disc are you using? None of the stuff I have provides tones that go below 20Hz, and I'd like to verify that I'm not experiencing the same problem.
I use the Stryke CD, which goes down to 10 Hz (I forget the type of tone, probably sine wave).

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks