What's new

Anthem AVM-20 Owners, What did you pay?? (1 Viewer)

MikeAF

Stunt Coordinator
I have a local dealer here in the Phoenix area and he said the price was $3199 and the upgrade price was $3499 or something close to that. I was wondering what others have paid for this unit at their local dealers? Thanks for the help.

Mike

Luke_Khuc

Stunt Coordinator
I had thought about buying this pre/pro awhile ago and did some research on the net. I talked to Haweye Audio (an authorized dealer in Iowa) and the store manager/owner told me that I could get 20% off (you'd pay around $2,500 before shipping cost, which is much less than tax).
I know some people here have bought this pre/pro for much less by going to Canada :). Good luck.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
This thread ought to be helpful for me too!

I'm not 100% sure I will go with the Anthem yet but I am attempting to price it. My nearest dealer is 4 hours away and it's been a pain in the ass finding a dealer willing to do business with me unless I'm a "local customer". I thought businesses would jump at the chance for a $2500 sale...guess not!

Luke_Khuc

Stunt Coordinator
Camp,
Why don't you try to ask them to ship through mail to you? I live in MN but Hawkeye in Iowa said that they would ship it to me.:)

Bill Wilkins

Agent
I paid $2500 + tax as I purchased at Stereo Center in Flint, MI. $2650 out the door and I picked it up.

Robert, tried to email you but your address didn't work.

Robert Elliott

Stunt Coordinator
Oh no,

Sonic Frontiers will likely be calling these dealers and questioning their sales. Price just went up, I am sure.

MikeAF

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,

If I decide to go with the Anthem I will get the black faceplate as well. I'm also considering the new Aragon Stage One but it doesn't appear to have Zone 2 outputs, plus it uses RCA to DB25 cables for DVD-Audio or SACD input, and I'm not quite sure if this is good or bad. I haven't really began looking closely at the Anthem yet but I guess it's time to read all the threads.

Mike

Robert Elliott

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Mike,

I was looking at the Aragon and was wondering what the hell is that for (the BD25 connection) as I have never seen 5.1 channel inputs that looked like that.

If you got the dough and like features, Anthem or Bryston kick butt and look great. Running on empty, the Outlaw performs where it really counts. Me, I am going to Canada at some point and get me a Bryston. I may have an Outlaw budget but I have expensive tastes...and I am fiscally irresponsible.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
What does the Bryston go for in Canada? Isn't it significantly more expensive than the Anthem in the US?

Robert Elliott

Stunt Coordinator
The Bryston is $3800 retail in the US. Both Anthem and Bryston can be picked up cheaper in Canada. Exact price? I don't know. Our Canadian neighbors do and I hope to leverage their dealer contacts when the time comes. Ethan is one who has crossed the border to pick up equipment.
I could however point you to a Bryston SP-1 right now for $2475. Of course, it would cost a few bucks to get it upgraded to the new SP-1.7 if you felt it necessary and I certainly would want to demo it (a gratuity if you will). :)
I, myself, would buy it right now but the wife would shoot me for spending the vacation money.

MikeAF

Stunt Coordinator
Robert,

The new Bryston SP 1.7 looks like a very nice unit but I have no dealers around here that I know of. I may add it to my list as well. The only reason I'm even considering the Aragon is I have a friend who may be able to get it for me for a very good price. The Bryston may be more than I care to spend, even the Anthem may be more but we'll see how I make it through the summer and how my wife feels. I do plan on at least demoing the Outlaw and maybe I'll just be satisfied with that. Decisions, decisions!!

Mike

Mike_T_

Stunt Coordinator
The Anthem looks amazing...do you guys think its worth the extra cash over the Rotel 1066 and the Outlaw? Perhaps more features etc. but does it sound THAT much better? I want one!!!!!!!!!

GordonL

Supporting Actor
The Anthem is the Swiss Army Knife of pre-pros. With the upcoming upgrade, it's got just about everything one could want except Logic7. It appears to be more future-proof than the Rotel and Outlaw. To me, that's worth the extra cash. I'm having a tough time deciding between the Anthem, the Bryston, and the Tag McLaren.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Well...Hawkeye Audio won't sell to me either:

It is Anthem's policy to prohibit dealers from selling by mail order. Unless you can come to our store I will be unable to help.
This is just too much trouble. Maybe I'll just get the Rotel after all -at least I have a Rotel dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks