What's new

Anthem AV30 vs Krell Showcase (1 Viewer)

Tony#E

Grip
Just purchased some Monster Amps. First of all let me know what you think of those. Second, I need a good preamp to back them up. I can get the Krell for $2000 or the Anthem for $2600. Which way should I go or should I be looking at a B-Stock Parasound C-2? All your feedback positive or negative is appreciated.

BobRoulier

Second Unit
Um if you can get a krell showcase for 2k you should set your alarm for 7am and run to their store and walk out a very happy man;) seriously both are very nice I have heard the avm 20 and showcase side by side many times and although the anthem is a great pre for the money the krell betters it in sound imo especially music. many will say the anthem is upgradeble which is true but the krell at that price is quite a deal and you will be happy for some time.

keep us posted, bob

Drew_W

Screenwriter
I'll agree with Bob said. The Krell takes the top road for sonics (although I will say it was close when I compared...a while ago...), but the upgrade path of the Anthem is probably the best in the industry. It depends entirely on where you want to go with your system...

Out of curiousity, what made you go with the Monster amps?

NicholasL

Second Unit
I own a Parasound Halo C2, but personally I don't think you could go wrong with any of the 3 you mentioned. As for the Monster amps...I'd be much more interested in what YOU have to say about them because I've stil heard nobody talk about them yet. I think we're all wondering how they sound! Do share.

Tony#E

Grip
I have not personally heard the AVM30 or the Krell.
But if the Krell at $2000 is such a bargain I shouldn't
pass it up. I can always resell it and go to the Anthem D1 if I'm not happy. Upgrading really isn't an issue because
I never seem to use all the toys anyway.

I listened to the Monster amps at a local retailer mated to a high end 5.1 system and was impressed. I did some more looking and was able to purchase them at 50% off.
(makes it easier to justify that projection system)
I haven't seen any reviews on the Monster amps. If
you know of some let me know.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks