Anthem Amps?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by SteveL, Jan 27, 2004.

1. SteveL

SteveL Agent

I have heard that they are good. I have also heard they are part of Sonic Frontiers which is going out of biz. What is what? Should I invest in, I think the MCA50?
    Thanks
    Steve L.

2. Tom Camlioglu

Tom Camlioglu Stunt Coordinator

Sonic Frontiers are owned by Paradigm.

Okay, since you have editted your message then .. where did you hear Sonic Frontiers was going out of business?

3. SteveL

SteveL Agent

Tom:
    One of the guys here at work who has a $100,000 Stereo money pit in his house, said he thought he had heard it.

Steve L.

4. Tom Camlioglu

Tom Camlioglu Stunt Coordinator

Hmm ... not that I find that a little "unsubstantiated" - much less, very suprising; I can say (IMHO) that the MCA amps are real bargains.

I have two MCA20's and an MCA30 and love them (paired with my AVM20) - plus they have 5 year warranties. So, I wouldn't think that if Sonic Frontiers did go under, Paradigm would leave us out in the cold. I doubt that very much ...

../TC

5. SteveL

SteveL Agent

good to hear, Tom. Thanks.
    Steve L.

6. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

Sonic Frontiers did and did not go under. There are no longer any new Sonic Frontiers products made. Sonic Frontiers used to own Anthem, but have since been bought out by Paradigm. Therefore, Paradigm now owns Anthem. I believe that Sonic Frontiers stuff can still be serviced and still have their warranties honored by Anthem, but Sonic Frontiers, as of now, no longer exists.