Antenna feedthru on Toshiba 34HF81

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom S, Dec 23, 2001.

1. Tom S

Tom S Agent

I am trying to set up a Toshiba 34HF81 with a VCR, cable box and, of course a DVD player. I am trying to run independent cable feeds to each the TV, cable box (for premium channels) and the VCR (TV and VCR for basic channels).

The cable input goes thru a 2-way splitter, then one branch to the cable box and the other to the TV, thru the Toshiba, in ANT1 and then the OUT to the VCR. There is no signal that comes thru the OUT to the VCR?! (exact connections as on pg. 6) Why?! It's driving me crazy. Now, I have the cable going from the VCR to the TV and it works fine, except that the VCR defaults to VCR in power up mode screwing up the TV input.

I know one solution is to have a 3-way splitter, but I am wondering why the ANT feedthru is not working on the Toshiba.

Tom

2. RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv Stunt Coordinator

As with my previous Sony (and as opposed to my current Mitsubishi), the pass through on the Toshiba seems to only work when the TV is on. This makes it totally useless when you want to record a program when you're away. Get a three-way splitter, and hope your cable signal is strong enough to still give you a good picture.

SMK