Antec "Fusion" HTPC case

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Luke_Y, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

In this months Computer Shopper in the News-Gear section they show A HTPC case from Antec that looks to be quite nice. They say the price is $129.

I don't run a HTPC, but I thought I would point it out for those of you who do (forgive me if it is old news).

Problem is, when I went to Antec's site to grab a link for you, I couldn't find it anywhere. I put "fusion" in the search box and came up with this link in a UK support section but no other info.

Link

2. Bob_C

Bob_C Agent

I saw this case in Computer Shopper and thought it would be perfect for me. Alas, the only info I could find was the same as the link that you found. I couldn't find any detailed info, or even where to order. The frustrating thing is that I had heard it was supposed to be available in the U.S. in Feb.

3. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

actually I have yet to hear of this particular case, I've been insterested in a HTPC case for a few months now, but the style is going to cost me! actually the main reason for the case is to match and stack the computer with my reciever for my computer (updated the home theater a several months back and put the old reciever and speakers with the comp [​IMG])

I hope some more info comes out on the Antec case would be nice to have a few choices out there, the only other cases I've found, aside from the generic black case or a rackmount case, this little gem:
    http://www.digitalconnection.com/Pro...ases/ht200.asp
    and the Dvine one:
    http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage....126-114-06.JPG

go look for a "normal" PC case and you've got thousands of choices [​IMG] ah well at least in the last few months I've actually started to be able to find HTPC cases. I will definately try and keep an eye out on that antec case.

4. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

The Fusion will be available at Newegg on the 17th of this month for around $109 I think.

5. John Swarce

John Swarce Second Unit

Rob:

What is the original link to the D-Vine case at NewEgg? I did a search on the site and came up empty!

Another "pricey" one can be found at Projection Systems

6. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Ahanix D-Vine

This is the case I have (silver). It looks great in my HT with it's brushed aluminum faceplate and blue LED on the front. The thing is it doesn't come with a VFD for cool scrolling words across the front (which costs $60 extra at exoticpc.com). The newer generation case that Rob posted is a better deal since it comes with one. Hopefully it's easier to open too.

In an earlier thread I listed several cases available. If you're interested in what's out there take a look at these:

Coolermaster 600 Series - Nice, sleek cases but only Micro ATX. Everything else listed here is ATX.

Atech Fabrication HS Case - looks great, and has customizable bezels but expect to pay a whopping $400 with options.

Kanam Electronics Accent - Several nice looking models that appear to be Dign/D.Vine clones. Available here.

Digitalis Vision2 - Mother of all cases but priced at $330. There's a less expensive Nexus model for about $250 which also looks very good.