What's new

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
5dd6c3059bbfda000872161d_Screen-Shot-2019-11-21-at-12.00.55-PM-1024x429.png

Eden (Janelle Monáe), a slave on a Louisiana ‘reformation’ plantation where none of the workers are allowed to talk, and Veronica (also Monáe), a hip, successful, modern, educated and moneyed writer, are tied together through bonds that are not initially clear. Saying too much will ruin the experience and secrets of Antebellum (Latin for before the war, typically used to describe the conventions of slavery era American South). What we can say is that Veronica’s area of study is in healing and moving on from the historic trauma that black people have faced and still struggle with. And also that she has become somewhat of a celebrity for speaking out on these issues and engaging against those who believe that that trauma was already resolved and should not be part of current conversations...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JackieT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jackie
The minute I read more about this one and the reviews and hearing about the "wokeness" immediately turned me off.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Wow. Four months and not a peep from anyone? I’ve had the UHD disc sitting, waiting for the right time. Maybe soon.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
No oscar nom =(
I'm not terribly surprised.

What is the deal? All this time and still not a peep other than... well... that one.

I watched this yesterday. Definitely intriguing. I would describe it as a "blunt force" movie, which is neither meant as a negative or a positive. Simply descriptive. I have a second consecutive three day weekend next week and plan to watch it again for the first time. Anyone who has seen it will understand what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks