What's new

Another XBox 'exclusive' becomes non-exclusive... (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
And no, I'm not talking about Wreckless.

Silent Dreams 2 with its XBox exclusive scenario is coming out for the PS2.

Andre F

Screenwriter
If only the game was Toejam and Earl. I REALLY hope that comes out either the PS2 or the Gamecube.

-Andre F

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I was just about to post this;)
Any word on a US release date? Or even if they will include the making of DVD of the European release?

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Brian, that seems like an exception to the rule. :) Anyway, people raved about the graphics on this game, I can't wait to see how the graphics on the PS2 come out. It'll be a nice chance to gage whether the PS2 can really keep up with the Xbox's graphics.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Ryan, I don't think you know the full story on this - Silent Hill 2 is /already/ on the PS2. It came out first on the PS2, then it got ported to the XBox with an 'exclusive' extra scenario to make it different. Now it's getting re-released with that extra scenario.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Anyway, people raved about the graphics on this game
The graphics are nice but its the story that keeps me coming back and wanting to experience the game over again.
Also Brian is correct. SH2 was already released on the PS2 first. This new version is a port including the new scenario added to the X-box version of the game (which adds a tad bit of back story).
As for how the PS2's graphics will compare to the X-box version. The X-box version was a marginal improvement over the original PS2 port.
If you want to read my specific comparisons of the two go here:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ht=silent+hill

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I doubt this will be the last exclusive to fall. Particularly with X-box, but with any console. Exclusivity is hard to come by.

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
Who cares about exclusivity...I want all games on all platforms! Maybe that would put an end to the constant bickering about what system is better...and it would allow me to play GTA3 on my X-box :)
Thanks,
Jeff

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I think Ryan is referring to Wreckless not Silent Hill 2:Restless Dreams.

Silent Hill 2 came out for the PS2 first but then the XBox had a new scenario in its version. Reckless however, has no been available on any console except the XBox. I think that's what Ryan was referring to not Silent Hill 2.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I'm willing to be Wreckless on the PS2 is nothing but a Wreck....could be surprised though, but I doubt it.

Brian Girard

Agent
Since when was Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams for the Xbox an exclusive? It didn't have the Only for Xbox stamp on the game shell.
950097b.jpg

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
At the time of its release, every review/preview stated it as 'exclusive new scenario' etc etc.

Obviously they couldn't put 'only on Xbox' when the game was already on the PS2, could they?

Brian Girard

Agent
Well see the PS2 version is just called Silent Hill 2. Whereas the Xbox version is Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams. So they could've put the Only on Xbox stamp on it, if that was Konomi's plan. Sounds like the game reviewers once again didn't know what they were talking about. Big shock! ;)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Actually, isn't the "only on Xbox" tag used on Microsoft published titles only?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
You sure the box has the "only on XBox" stamp? All the cover images I've seen don't have it on it. Anyone got a copy handy to check?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I have the game in front of me and it most certainly does have the "Only on X-box" tag (no pun intended) on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks