1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

another "which TV to buy"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Francisco_C, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Francisco_C

Francisco_C Agent

Hello,I'm kinda of a newbie to displays. I cant decide between JVC AV36D303 or Toshiba 36A42. They are both in me budget($850). What do you guys think? or are there better ones that I should consider? Mainly use for DSS and DVD viewing. I like them both but I saw the JVC remote had a 16:9 mode button on it.

I was also wondering can you bargain with the sells people on price? If so which retail store is better at that. Any help is welcome, thank you.

2. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Im not familiar with those models but ever since i got my Toshiba 36hfx71 ive been a huge Toshiba fan, they are awesome tv's.

3. Dave.R.W

Dave.R.W Auditioning

I would not buy the JVC set. I own one and the shop had to buy it back. They could not fix it in the 60 day grace period given by JVC. The set just went blank and they told me that JVC want the set back. The shop gave me a full refund. The set was only 12 weeks old when it died.

4. Michael_V

Michael_V Second Unit

While Dave's experience was unfortunate, it is not typical. The JVC D-series has long been regarded an outstanding value display with good colorimetry, an extensive service menu, and ability to anamorphically squeeze for increased resolution. One of these was my first HT television and I loved it to death.

Good luck!