What's new

Another "Which TV should I buy?" Thread (1 Viewer)

James Grasso

Agent
Okay, I am looking to get a 16:9 HDTV and have pretty much narrowed it down to a few options from what I have seen around here. It will mostly be used for DVDs for the time being (until I get HDTV better available in my area) and I am thinking about getting a Panny RP-91 to use in combination with the TV. I believe I'll try to stick with $1500 or less for the TV and here's what I have found that interests me:

Philips 30PW8520 from Sam's Club (obviously the cheapest in the group)

Panasonic PT47WX49, also from Sam's Club

Samsung HCM4216W

Samsung HCM422W

What exactly are the pros/cons of these, I have looked around on here, but haven't been able to come up with a "which of these is better" opinion. Purchase will most likely be made in 2-3 months, after I get some more money from summer work. If there are any other suggestions, please let me know. I'm very open to all opinions.

Thanks

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I'm also looking at that Philips ($888 at my Sam's) or the Sansung 30" at Costco, for $872, I think the Philips was higher original list, but I don't see a huge difference in them

anyone have an opinion as to which is better?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks