What's new

Another "What SVS" Question (1 Viewer)

Lee M T

Second Unit
Hey everyone,

My question is fairly simple. I will be purchasing an SVS (Yay!) real soon. Like probably the last few days of this month! My budget will only allow for one of the two sub-$600 subs. I was originally thinking of just getting the 25-31PCi, but now I'm wondering if the extra $50 (20-39PCi) is worth 5 more Hz and 8 more inches of height. :) Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Room Size: 11' x 10' x 9'
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V640
Main Speakers: Mirage Omni 60
Center Speaker: Mirage Omni CC
Rear Speakers: Mirage Omni FX (Coming sometime after sub purchase)

Thanks!
Lee

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Did you email SVS with room size and music/movie taste....
My 1st room was that size and they recommended the 25-31PCi but I now own the 25-31PC+...

WayneO

Supporting Actor
Well if you want to play the lower frequencies that a few but growing number of DVD's play get the 20-39. You'll lose a touch of max SPL output but that's a pretty small room so you might night worry about that. Or......you can get a 25-31PCi tuned to 22hz at no additional cost, it's just a port change and a nice compromise.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I have a 25-31PCi tuned to 22hz. My room size is 12.5 X 12.5 X 8.5 and Tom V at SVS advised me to go w/the 22hz tuned 25-31. I was going back and forth between the CS and the PCi and Tom explained my options w/the amps I had vs. the onboard amp w/the PCi. If you have specific questions, drop them an e-mail [email protected] You'll be surprised at how quick they get back to you.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Of course I happen to own almost every disk that has an occurence of sub-25hz bass in it. So I ordered the 30-39. I would have ordered the 16-46 but it cost more $$$.

Now I'm just waiting for it to ship, theres a backorder right now ya' know.

Lee M T

Second Unit
Thanks guys! The 25-31 dropped to 22 Hz sounds good. Sounds like a good compromise. I will drop SVS an E-mail though. Man I can't wait to get this sub.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Wow! That's like the size of my office. I've never tried my SVS in there, but it would do some serious work in that space! My HT area is around 2300 cu ft. and the 20-39 is perfect.

Lee M T

Second Unit
hehe, yeah, a tweeter just about blows the roof off in my room. :)

I shot SVS an E-mail and I definately give them a :emoji_thumbsup: for their down-to-earth style. I spoke with Tom and he is awesome. He did recommend the 25-31 tuned to 22Hz. So hopefully around the last Friday of the month I'll be placing an order.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks