Another weird post from yours truly :)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Dec 24, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Ever have a thought so loud, and get so distracted, your not really sure if you've said it aloud or thought it? Had that happen tonight.
    I'm more technologicaly minded than religiously minded, so untill I move out of the parents house, I'm stuck going to Mass once a year at Christmas. So, while they head out to the service, I'm wallowing around and exploring the surrounding areas. Eventually, I pop out my gameboy advance for a Yoshi's Island game as I wait for things to wrap up.
    As I get to a rather complicated new level, a lady brings out your every day rambunxious two year old. Poking at everything, talking about every aspect of the tree, wanting to go down and explore the basement. After about 5 minutes of this, and getting to distracted to concentrate on the game, a rather loud thought pops up.. "Rake that kid in already, would ya?" I know I couldn't have said this one, because the lady didn't react, or take her kid away in disgust [​IMG].
    Anyone else get so caught up in thoughts, you'll speak instead of think, or vice versa?

2. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

haha, are you SURE you didn't say it? Maybe their reaction was to do ignore it?

3. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

A few years ago, I was getting a root planing by a VERY attractive dental tech. This involved large amounts of nitrous, and I'm sure some of the impure thoughts in my head were spoken aloud...

4. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

5. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

Well, Joe, here's the rest of the story:

In my hallucinatory state, I was absolutely convinced that she invited me to a party at her place. One week later, when I returned to the dentist for my follow-up, she was no longer working there.

The whole chain of events has me befuddled completely.

6. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Heh, At least you had an excuse with noxious gas fumes [​IMG]. With my case, I wasn't happy to be there in the first place, and was trying to find the quietest spot I could think of to get some good gaming time in.
    When I get distracted from what I'm doing, I can no longer concentrate on the distraction, or my game. Sort of a foggy in between state, heh. You can bet I was none to happy to be disturbed, so here's hoping I didn't speak out those 'evil' thoughts like, "Get the hell out of here already, would ya?" Out loud [​IMG].

7. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    [​IMG]

8. Michael St. Clair