What's new

Another useless Bose innovation? (1 Viewer)

Ben_L

Agent
Bose is coming out w/ a system for musicians, thats suppose to replace PA systems, amps, monitors, and mixers. Not w/ cubes this time, but w/ tall cylinder speakers coupled with some more of their "bass modules".

This thing is meant for LIVE concerts; its an interesting approach and does solve some problems, but i have no idea how this thing is suppose to fill up a large venue. I can't imagine what electric guitar or drums would sound like through these 7 feet high coffee cans. Any opinions?

http://www.bose.com/controller;jsess...e=/index_2.jsp

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
hehe....."L1 Cylindrical Radiator™ loudspeaker The unusual design of this speaker projects sound in a fundamentally different way than conventional speakers. Band members 3 feet away from the speaker are not blasted and fans 50 feet away can still enjoy the nuances of the music."

Dr. Bose don't you mean the speakers are only imaginary?

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
I wonder if Herbie Hancock will be roped in to sell these like he did the Model One.

I would love to see Metallica get a hold of these things and see what they are capible of doing...........................

What a Joke

JamesCB

Second Unit
What is metallica going to do with these? Stick them in each others buttholes? Maybe they can come up with a new album that way. Recording the sounds they make as they beat each other off.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
bose marketing is amazing. many people have come into bb asking me about bose...asking me if they're the best, etc.

i try to be as objective as possible, but still ... i wish i had that kind of hype behind me.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I have a practical consideration: Won't these so-called "cylindrical-radiating" speakers exacerbate the already difficult-to-control feedback problems that live vocalists face?

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
But will they have a cool commerical where their speaker stick turns into a
STACK OF FREAKIN MARSHALL AMPS THAT TURN UP TO 11!!!

Excuse me will I vomit

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Bose marketing....

There's a commercial playing on the radio in the Boston area touting their HT system. Painful to listen to but the worst is the following line:

"Popular Mechanics called it life-like and..." and blah, blah.

I don't know about you guys but when I think of looking for a serious recommendation for speakers, I immediately think Popular Mechanics! :rolleyes

Worst part of all, I live about 15 minutes down the road from their main headquarters. Imitates Haley Joel Osment "I see Bose speakers".

Ben_L

Agent
its only $1699.99 for the tower , or $1,999.98 for tower&bassmodule. To put it into perspective, that's about the same price as buying a top-end Marshall head w/ 4x12spkr cabinet.

They have these Bose systems at alot of the Guitar Centers. Anyone demoed them yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks