What's new

Another TPM thread; did you think the extra speakers helped? (1 Viewer)

Steve Schick

Stunt Coordinator
I watched TPM with DD-EX over the weekend with my 6.1 system (with 2 surrounds).
biggrin.gif

Just out of curiosity, I watched it again last night with the rear surrounds turned off.
IMO, the addition of the rears were definitely noticed, especially during the pod race scene.
It seemed to add more cohesion between the side surrounds, making rear pans seem more natural.
For all those that wonder about upgrading to 6.1 over 5.1, I say, this case, do it.
------------------
You liked the movie? ......Try it on a nine foot screen.
My DVD Profiler Collection

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
I think this movie had the strongest presence of a rear surround channel by far. I found all the channels very aggressive and blended very nicey. I had not thought of trying to watch this movie without the rear channel, but I might be watching it at a friend's house later this week. This is the movie you want to play for someone when you need to warrant having 6 or 7 speakers around the room, not including the 2 or 3 subwoofers you might have.
------------------
Link Removed
My Home Theater Pics
My Equipment List
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks