What's new

Another T2 Special Edition (1 Viewer)

TomJD

Agent
Artisan has announced there will be another Terminator 2 SE DVD released to coincide with the movie release of T3 next year.I guess T2 The Ultimate Edition was'nt actually The Ultimate Edition.I'm getting a little sick of all the new and improved SE releases.2 discs,3 discs,4 discs...when will it end?Instead of re-releasing different versions of already great product there was a little more concentration on the thousands of movies that deserve to get put on DVD.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
T2 said:
This assumes that the minimal amount of effort put into re-releasing a film with a pre-existing high-quality DVD saps resources that would otherwise be put to use on not-yet-on-DVD films. This would be a faulty assumption.
DJ

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Hmmmm. This is probably something along the lines of the MEN IN BLACK Deluxe Edition, which was sorta similar to the earlier Limited Edition. I doubt if the content will be much different. What else could they add, besides maybe some behind-the-scenes stuff for T3? I'm 99 percent sure I'll pass on this...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
WTF!? :confused: There is absolutly NOTHING else to add to this film! The Ultimate Edition is the most extensive dvd ever created, not a single aspect of this film's production was missed! I know, i've gone through the whole thing! :eek:
:thumbsdown: Artisan.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I bought T2: UE recently! I don't think I will buy another T2 DVD, unless Artisan can improve on the current release, which is the best DVD I own. I don't think there is anything else Artisan can include on this. As stated before, I think the only thing they can add is T3 behind the scenes and promotional stuff. Even if they do include that, there won't be much, since Warner is making T3, and I hope that they will do a big special edition. However, this this is Warner we are talking about, so who knows? It will probably be in a snapper too. ;) :angry: :thumbsdown:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Tony,
I can guarentee you that T3 will be in a snapper. This is Warner, they will never give up the snapper. Hey, they put Ben-Hur one of the most glorious, and epic films of all time...in a snapper. :frowning:

StevenW

Second Unit
WTF!? There is absolutly NOTHING else to add to this film! The Ultimate Edition is the most extensive dvd ever created, not a single aspect of this film's production was missed! I know, i've gone through the whole thing!
I can think of at least one thing they missed: The Guns N' Roses video "You Should be Mine"

But besides that, what else could they possibly add to the current release?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
This is one DVD that does not need to be made in my opinion but there are some others that may want it. I agree that effort needs to be chanelled better. There are lots of movies that are not out, plus lots of movies that were not given the proper treatment (ie non 16x9, barebones) on DVD that could be re-released as 16x9 SE's. T2 is not one of them.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Why can't Artisan re-release Sleepless in an anamorphic transfer with DD and DTS like in other countries?
Artisan can re-release so many bare bones and non-anamorphic/pan and scan titles, and they're choosing to re-release T2? Pffft. As of now, I'm quite happy with the Ultimate Edition and I probably won't repurchase another version of T2 for a while.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Really, there is just no need to re-release what's already easily one of the top 25 DVD's ever produced. The only people in their right minds who would buy this are those who don't already have a version of this film on DVD, of which I'd be willing to wager there are quite few.

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
T2: We Forgot Something Edition
Unless the case goes from Liquid Metal to a keep case, then I will be skipping this. :)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
John,
If it is a 2-disc set, it may not be in a snapper. As stated, this is Warner, and they could make a 2-disc snapper especially for this release ;). Just think about a 2-disc snapper!!! That would be horrible! You also can't forget that Warner also released all of the Stanley Kubrick films and The Matrix in a snapper.
Anthony: Hey, I think you are on to something with that liquid metal case. I hope Artisan makes it. If they do, I will be the first to buy it!! ;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks