Another SVS Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RussellC, Mar 15, 2002.

1. RussellC

RussellC Stunt Coordinator

I currently have Energy Take 5.2 speakers with the S8.2 sub in an apartment on the second floor. I was looking to maybe upgrading the sub in the somewhat near future. Not having any experience with SVS subs. Would I be able to use a 25-31PCi with the small Energy speakers or will it overpower them? Also, does anyone have an SVS in a second or third floor apartment? Any complaints on the down firing sub?

Thanks for the info,

Russell

2. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

If you REFERENCE Calibrate your HT setup with Video Essentials/AVIA/Sound&Vision DVD, you can use any sub of your choice. The power-sub job is to provide frequency below where your satellite speakers lower useable frequency drops. The Take 2.2 & Take 1.2 usable frequency is about 110 Hz (-3.2 dB to -4.5 dB from Sound&Vision), so whatever sub's you buy (SVS is a GREAT CHOICE) for instance, should allow YOU to choose 110Hz crossover point, at least, to blend in with your Take 5.2 speakers.
    The SVS 25-31PCi crossover dial has that range & the conservative frequency spec for the sub = +/- 3 dB 25 Hz - 120 Hz. So yes, you can get it! Pre-order it now to get on the waiting list (my number is #2737) but more importantly, the INTRO price is for a limited time and will be going up by the end of March(?).
    I'll let someone else answer your APT (2nd / 3rd floor) question since I live in a house.
    Phil

3. EricN

EricN Stunt Coordinator

Russell, We have the 5.2's and 2 8.2 subs at church running on a Denon 3802. I have the 16-46PC (soon to be PCi monday[​IMG]at home in my main system matched with my M&K 150 series on a Denon 5800. The SVS line will be a definate upgrade from the 8.2 sub. Not really a fair fight. If you can swing it I would absolutely take the SVS over the 8.2.[​IMG]