Another SVS Comparison............

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andre D, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Andre D

Andre D Stunt Coordinator

Hi Everyone. I'm new to this forum, but not to HT. After reading a lot of the posts and hearing so much about SVS I'm thinking about upgrading. My question is how does the 20-39cs compare to a Polk Audio PSW1200? The reason I am asking this is because I've heard the Polk and it sounds very good to me, and I can get it dirt cheap. The room it is going in is 12 x 19, but it also connects to my stairs and the hall with no doors if that helps. Any response will be greatly appreciated.

2. Trey Jones

Trey Jones Stunt Coordinator

I had one of the polk PSW1200's before my SVS. It did not hold up as well at the low end. The Sub was good for my room at the time was 13.5L x 12.5W x 10H. IF the room had been any larger I believe the gap would have been larger. My SVS 20-39 CS with 300 watts was a night and day change. The bass was more eveloping and powerful, especially down below 30HZ. If you have titan A.E. you will not want to go with the polk once you have heard the SVS.

3. Andre D

Andre D Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Trey.

4. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

Believe it. SVS make great subs. If you have one, you MUST give Titan AE and Episode 1 a listen.