What's new

another stinkin' bass shaker question (1 Viewer)

tom_furman

Stunt Coordinator
i have an old sony pro logic receiver that i'm gonna use to power 4 25w shakers..
so i use the 2nd LFE output from my new receiver, and plug that into which input on my prologic receiver??
also..the bass shakers i've seen (aura) have rca plugs on them...if i was to run speaker wire from the left and run speaker outputs on my pro logic receiver how would i hook that speaker wire into the shakers?? know what i mean?
yes i'm a moron but this bass shaker stuff confuses the heck outta me!

JimHal

Stunt Coordinator
I have the sub output going into the CD in of the old receiver.
I think you could just attach RCA plugs to the speaker wire.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Tom, I dont know what you mean :)
Just run the RCA from your second sub out to the receiver you are going to use to power the shakers (use CD or Aux)
Run the speaker cables from the receiver to the shakers and your set.
------------------AOL Instant Messenger Name: kyler70
[Edited last by Kyle Richardson on July 25, 2001 at 01:38 PM]

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Yes, just run an LFE signal to your amp and then speaker wire from the amp to the shakers. Something I found out was it is very easy to have them phase each other out and the effect is "strange", therefore try them in phase and out of phase (with each other) before you permanently hook them up.
If you have the Aura Bass Shaker package that includes the little amps.... then you'll still come out of your LFE but will have to convert from the RCA to the phono plug which feeds the Aura amp. The, there is a rca plug out to feed the speakers but there's usually enough wire included to run to the shakers. There again, change the phase to find what is best.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks