What's new

ANOTHER Star Wars Trilogy (Trilogies?) DVD release on 11/04/08... (1 Viewer)

Aragorn the Elfstone

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Does the greed of Lucas know no bounds? :crazy:

I will purchase exactly one more version of these films - the giant DVD box set that was suppossed to come out for the anniversary. When and if that comes out - I'll buy it.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
You're more forgiving than I am: The only special feature that could prompt me to rebuy these movies yet again would be re-mastered Anamorphic copies of the original, unaltered trilogy.

Ah, who the hell am I kidding? I'm totally George Lucas's bitch. What is thy bidding, my master?:eek:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
They're just repackagings so I don't see any reason to get bent out of shape. Of course since it's a Star Wars thread, there will be lots of whiny posts reiterating points made a million times before.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR

I think that "anniversary set" was never really planned in the first place - just the figment of a fanboy's imagination.

I already purchased the '06 "limited edition" releases (as well as the '04 boxed set), so I won't be purchasing this set, assuming that it is indeed just a re-packaging. I never bought any of the Prequel films.

I'll be very happy to part with some more cash when the '77, '80 and '83 versions of the OT are released in an improved format (preferably blu-ray, but at the very LEAST anamorphic DVD) but who knows if that will ever happen. :frowning:

Alex cosmo

Stunt Coordinator
Huh, maybe this is it. I mean really, how many old laserdisc-era repackages are still coming out in almost-2009? If it has a new transfer of the theatrical versions from 77-83 I would totally buy it.

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon
The 30th Anniversary release was definitely planned. I noticed on an order form at work (a video store in Australia) that it was listed as "cancelled" on a Network Video (major buying group) order form.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
A shame that the 2004 bonus disc and its content seem to have been forgotten. Same goes for the original making of- documentaries from '77, '80, '83, '84.

Can't say I care much for the packaging. But hey, this is more about keeping fresh product on the shelves (for first time buyers) than quadruple-dipping (although it is the first time the prequels are packaged together).

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I wonder if this release is being timed with the DVD release of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie that's currently in theaters. Seems likely.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

I think this is exactly it. Throw this out one more time (similar to Indiana Jones getting a second boxset for the new movie), then do the ULTIMATE set or whatever it is if those 3D versions of the Trilogy ever happen. Or was that a rumor too?

Arild

Supporting Actor
What's the big deal? It's just the same DVDs you already have. This is clearly intended for those three or so people who still haven't bought them yet. Relax.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Four people. I don't have any of the Star Wars movies in any format. I will await the BD release but I will only buy the BD release if it includes a copy of the theatrical cut for the "first" trilogy. Otherwise, I'll rent.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'd guess there will be no changes, but it's only a guess. It's best to just look at it as a repackaging unless and until we hear different.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The most overrated films in the history of the cinema. There, I've said my piece, I won't bring it up again.

Alex cosmo

Stunt Coordinator
What a rebel!
The Bits says no new content, so I guess that's that. It will be funny to see the Star Wars section of the stores, just to see how much space the same exact thing can take up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks