Another similar cover: Tube very much like Transporter

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Johnny G, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Johnny G

Johnny G Supporting Actor

Click HERE to see Tube cover
    see the similarity with...
    [​IMG]
    ???

2. Joe McCabe

Joe McCabe Second Unit

I do see the similarity, both sites don't allow image linking!
    [​IMG]

3. Brian Thibodeau

Brian Thibodeau Supporting Actor

I just posted a brief mini-review of Tube in a nearby thread on Must-See Korean films. It's not a must-see, but I mentioned it anyways as it fit with something else I was writing.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=183745

My girlfriend and I just watched this on the weekend, so she'll get a kick out of that link. The SPEED and PELHAM allusions are apt, as are slight nods to MONEY TRAIN (the hero's boss does his best crazy Robert Blake impersonation) and DIE HARD (or UNDER SIEGE 2 if you'd rather, since it's so blatantly name-checked on the package), but overall it's a victim of it's own weak (and often downright ridiculous) logic and begs a few too many questions. The lovely Bae Doo-na plays one of the most strangely motivated characters I've ever seen in a motion picture. Production wise, though, it's delivers the goods, with slick production values all the way, with some nicely handled chase and fight scenes. Turns out, if I read the docu-stuff on the Korean disc correctly, that the Korean subway trains don't even look as hi-tech as they do here, and the ones in the film were almost entirely CG apart from the sets for close-ups!

4. Brian Thibodeau

Brian Thibodeau Supporting Actor

By the way, I'd love to know who the generic Asian person is on the package, since it's most definitely not Kim Seok-hoon, the film's star.

Would it really kill them to use the actual actor? Just in case he ever does become more internationally recognizable some day? Just to be nice? This isn't that far removed from their ridiculous sleeve for the U.S. release of Shiri.

EDIT: The US disc is cut by 6 minutes. Not sure yet if that's a bad thing or a good thing. The film COULD be tightened up, I suppose.