Another satisfied SVS owner.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Morgan, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Steve Morgan

Steve Morgan Second Unit

Steve
    [​IMG]It took me a week to getting around to hooking the 20-39cs up but finally did last night.I have a Servo 15a and a rather large room.30x18 that is open into a dining room.The Servo does a great job in 1/2 the room but I was losing bass output in the other half. Even Tom said I had a weird and difficult room.After hooking the SVS up to the remaining channel on a Parasound 2205at it was time to put on some DVDS's.The first was Red planet which utulizes the LFE freely.All I can say is wow!!This sub with 300 watts is keeping up with the Servo and as of right now matching it note for note.There is no longer a bass gap in the other half of the room and I am not getting any cancellation of bass frequencies like some posts mention when using 2 subs.I attribute this to the Servo being in the miidle of one wall and the SVS in the corner.For those that are thinking about mixing subs do not hesitate!Tom and Ron I tip my hat to you both.For $399 b-stock this sub cannot be beat. Thanks You SVS! [​IMG]
    ------------------

2. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Steve,
    Thanks for the thumbs up. You got a great sub at an insane price (did I really put it up for $399? We're CRAZY at SVS, CRAZY I tell ya!).
    We get few returns but when they do show up we don't like them to sit around long. The last 3 "b-stockers" put up last night were sold in about 8 hours.
    Great to know we can keep pace with a Servo 15 (no, we're not suprised, we know what the numbers are). If you get time someday I'd be interesting to see how they compare one at a time in the same spot in your HT and calibrated the same.
    Ron

3. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

first off CONGRATS!!!!
    second, DANG now I am pissed. I have been looking for the b-stocks 20-39cs for almost a month and always get a "out of stock" signal. This is driving me crazy, between getting out bid on ebay for everything, or missing all the new b-stock posts on the SVS website, make me a true believer of your local audio store. Is there any way that one of the guys from svs can put me on a LIST and e-mail me when they get more b-stocks, or do I have to live every second of my live looking for stuff I will never get? enough of my rant, I just had to let my anger that I have had built up over almost a full month OUT.

4. Robert G

Robert G Stunt Coordinator

I also managed to get a B-stock 20-39 and a B-stock samson 700. Of course after this great deal and loving the first 20-39 I had to order a second. I went ahead and ordered a new one this time. It arrived yesterday but I have only had time to calibrate and do a few demos(very nice so far). Friday I will be watching the remastered Jurrasic Park DTS for my first full movie introduction to the twins. Should be fun. [​IMG]
    ------------------