1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Another satisfied SVS owner.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Morgan, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Steve Morgan

Steve Morgan Second Unit

Steve
    [​IMG]It took me a week to getting around to hooking the 20-39cs up but finally did last night.I have a Servo 15a and a rather large room.30x18 that is open into a dining room.The Servo does a great job in 1/2 the room but I was losing bass output in the other half. Even Tom said I had a weird and difficult room.After hooking the SVS up to the remaining channel on a Parasound 2205at it was time to put on some DVDS's.The first was Red planet which utulizes the LFE freely.All I can say is wow!!This sub with 300 watts is keeping up with the Servo and as of right now matching it note for note.There is no longer a bass gap in the other half of the room and I am not getting any cancellation of bass frequencies like some posts mention when using 2 subs.I attribute this to the Servo being in the miidle of one wall and the SVS in the corner.For those that are thinking about mixing subs do not hesitate!Tom and Ron I tip my hat to you both.For $399 b-stock this sub cannot be beat. Thanks You SVS! [​IMG]
    ------------------

2. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Steve,
    Thanks for the thumbs up. You got a great sub at an insane price (did I really put it up for $399? We're CRAZY at SVS, CRAZY I tell ya!).
    We get few returns but when they do show up we don't like them to sit around long. The last 3 "b-stockers" put up last night were sold in about 8 hours.
    Great to know we can keep pace with a Servo 15 (no, we're not suprised, we know what the numbers are). If you get time someday I'd be interesting to see how they compare one at a time in the same spot in your HT and calibrated the same.
    Ron

3. rodneyH

rodneyH Supporting Actor

first off CONGRATS!!!!
    second, DANG now I am pissed. I have been looking for the b-stocks 20-39cs for almost a month and always get a "out of stock" signal. This is driving me crazy, between getting out bid on ebay for everything, or missing all the new b-stock posts on the SVS website, make me a true believer of your local audio store. Is there any way that one of the guys from svs can put me on a LIST and e-mail me when they get more b-stocks, or do I have to live every second of my live looking for stuff I will never get? enough of my rant, I just had to let my anger that I have had built up over almost a full month OUT.

4. Robert G

Robert G Stunt Coordinator

I also managed to get a B-stock 20-39 and a B-stock samson 700. Of course after this great deal and loving the first 20-39 I had to order a second. I went ahead and ordered a new one this time. It arrived yesterday but I have only had time to calibrate and do a few demos(very nice so far). Friday I will be watching the remastered Jurrasic Park DTS for my first full movie introduction to the twins. Should be fun. [​IMG]
    ------------------