What's new

Another ridiculous Ebay item (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
You can own Paul McCartney's germs. A seller caught a cold from him. He'll cough into a bag and send it to you.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Hardly original. Someoen once auctioned off John DeLancie's water glass from when he attended a Star Trek con with the flu

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
On the radio this morning, they said Jose Conseco, who is apparently under house arrest (I don't follow sports or their athletes), is auctioning off a visit with him on eBay. You get to go to his house, hang out with him for a day, and have a BBQ in his backyard. Bidding starts @ $2500.

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I once saw someone auctioning off a cyst ridden testical he had removed. Thinking that this would be a funny thing have sent a friends house as a practical joke I place a bid on it for the whopping sum of $2.00. The following day I checked the auction to see how it was doing and the bidding had surpassed the $20.00 amount. Guess there's a market out there for just about anything these days.

Greg

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Last I checked EBAY forbid selling organs. I think that post be bogus.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
It's sad what kind of stuff ends up on E-bay.
Why is that? It's a free market economy so you can sell just about anything that is not prohibited by law.
Generally this works fine because most of the time nobody wants that crap.
But instead of going into the store, anybody in the world with a phone line and a computer can see and buy it. So when you have that kind of viewership....why wouldn't you get a bid on something.
And who could blame someone for not putting that stuff up for sale. It's not like Jose is doing anything worthwhile these days.
If some sucker will put up the $$$, more power to him

James T

Screenwriter
I saw an auction where you get a piece of paper for $5.

It was to send the kid to school in Japan over summer. It was a multiple auction where he had 1000 He originally had the money, but someone told him how great Air Canada was in the stock market and he invested something like $5000 into it and watched it fall down. At least that was his story on E-bay.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
What a coincidence, I just uploaded a little home video ( :crazy: ) that illustrates the caution that must be taken on eBay. It requires RealPlayer. (And it's clean.)

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Last I checked EBAY forbid selling organs. I think that post be bogus.
Thats very true ebay does forbid the selling/auctioning of organs. However, this auction was listed over four years ago and as I recall it was actually for the cyst and not for the actual testical.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks