Another receiver recommendation NAD Pioneer Sony HK

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BenK, Oct 3, 2002.

1. BenK

BenK Stunt Coordinator

Looking for some collective knowledge and/or experience with the following receivers. I plan to use it as a pre/pro with a Parasound amp and Klipsch reference speakers. But I possibly with run it with the internal amps. I cant audition them all side by side so I'm mainly going on recommendations. Making myself crazy trying to decide.

NAD T752
    Pioneer Elite VSX-43TX (possibly the 45TX)
    Sony STR-DA4ES
    Harman Kardon AVR520 (based on the numerous posts)

2. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

I liked my h/k AVR520 as a receiver, as a prepro, mated to my Rotel RMB-1075 amp, I like it even more. The 520's internal amps are adequate, but now hooked up to a power amp, my system sounds much better. As a result, I'm looking to replace my Axiom speakers with something better. When will this madness end...?:b
    I haven't listened to any of your other choices, but in all fairness, I've only heard positive things about all of them. I don't think you could go wrong with any of your choices. If you can't compare them against one another, make your decision based on features and which one you can get a good deal on.
    Good luck!

3. BenK

BenK Stunt Coordinator

4. Michael Roderiques

Michael Roderiques Stunt Coordinator

Based on the original order of your list, I would move the sony down, the HK up and call it my short list in that order.

I like NAD gear. Solid performance, may not be bleeding edge stuff but from a sonic satndpoint, i think will outperform all the others listed.