What's new

Another reason our U.S. Postal Service is lacking (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Considering the sheer volume of postage they handle, I think the USPS does a damned admirable job. Sure there have been letters and packages lost over the years by the USPS, but I've had glaring delivery problems with both FedEx and Airborne Express even though I've used each service only a fraction of the number of times as the USPS. And considering the hefty premium I paid for both FedEx and Airborne, I'd expect far, far better service. That's why the USPS sees the bulk of my business for pacakage shipments.

James Q Jenkins

Stunt Coordinator
To tell you how bad USPS has got. Ive had the same mail man for years. He delivers everything. If i have a problem he helps me out. A few times a package i have recieved has been open and he rang our doorbell or left a notewith a form in case something is missing. Well the other day i was home and the mail truck pulls up and i notice its someone elese today. They put the mail in our box and drive away. I get the mail and there is a package for me. Well the padded envelope is open and nothing is in it. The idiot just put a empty open package sent by them into my mailbox.
So Joey, your mail man is not allowed a vacation huh? You ever fill in for someone on a delivery route?

IMO the USPS is an amazingly efficient organization. Some people think they're anacronistic because "I use online bill paying - doesn't everyone?", IMO that's rediculous. The -VAST- majority of people don't use OBP and the efficiency with which the USPS handles 37cent letters is mind boggling to me.

I guess people just take it for granted. I certainly don't.

AjayM

Screenwriter
How much do you think the price of a stamp would be if the postal service had to pay their own bills with the price of a stamp rather than bleeding cash just to be bailed out with tax dollars?
Hmmm, about 37 cents. As others have said, the USPS is self funded and recieves little to no money from the goverment. The past couple of years have been a little down on the USPS (hence the postage rate increases), but there have been plenty of years they have actually turned a profit.

Andrew

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
The idiot just put a empty open package sent by them into my mailbox.
When the USPS notices that your padded envelope is empty they do note (usually by putting it in a special plastic bag) that it has been damaged in the mail or the contents are missing.
BTW...the USPS did not "send" it, they carried it. You might contact your correspondent and ask them about more secure packing or insurance.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks