What's new

Another question regarding the 360. (1 Viewer)

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I am a novice, but I thought I would be able to see it. Where is the third processor on the 360 motherboard?

Ok, I am getting very annoyed.:angry::angry::angry::angry: I can't post a link to the site or post the picture, I will try the long way and make another post. Again...:angry:......:D

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
There's a third processor??!?! :crazy:

The 360's motherboard has an architectural layout that's similar to what one would find on a PC: a CPU (that's one), a GPU (that's two) and a Northbridge (pictured in the article) and Southbridge chipsets, neither of which are really processors.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
As I said, I am a novice. I just remember reading the 360 had three 3.2 Ghz processors. I understand now, I was looking at the North bridge thinking maybe that was what they were refering to. I am still learning about computers, I definitely have more knowledge when it comes to audio/video.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Sorry, my initial remark was supposed to be taken in jest. :P

If you want to know a bit more about the triple-core CPU that's utilized in the 360, IBM has white papers on its design/architecture (link). It is written at a moderately technical level, so you may need to do some prep work before diving in.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Thank you for the link Ken, I wasn't offended, I sensed that it was all in good fun.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks